JSCC Distinguished Service Award 2023
Japan Society of Coordination Chemistry (JSCC) invites candidates for the 16th JSCC Distinguished Service Award in 2023. This award is presented to researchers in JSCC who are recognized to provide outstanding achievements and longstanding contributions to the development of coordination chemistry. The implementation and selection of this award will be proceeded based on the Rules and additional rules for JSCC Distinguished Service Award, and the Rules for election of review committee members of JSCC Awards. The winner will be awarded at the 73rd Conference of JSCC (21st – 23rd September, 2023, Mito City Civic Center, Ibaraki, Japan). The rules can be found on the website of JSCC. Applications for this award should be submitted by self-recommendation or recommendation by other JSCC members. The application guidelines are as follows. The documents for the application must reach the JSCC office no later than 31st March (Fri.), 2023. We are looking forward to receiving many applications.
Application guideline for JSCC Distinguished Service Award 2023
Applicants for this award must have been a member of JSCC for at least 20 years as of April 1st, 2023. (including the period of membership of the Society of Complex Salt Chemistry and the Society of Coordination Chemistry). You cannot apply for this award in combination with other awards from JSCC.
2. Documents to be submitted
(1) Self-nomination: Application form (pdf / word)
Nomination by others: Recommendation letter (pdf / word), approval form the candidate (free format: the candidate’s name should be signed by the candidate).
(2) Statement of accomplishments and achievements (free format): Summarize your achievements on about 5 pages of A4 papers, including figures and tables, etc.
(3) List of accomplishments and achievements (free format): Prepare a list of main papers, reports, review articles, commentary articles, books, history of activities in JSCC, etc.
• The application form or recommendation letter should be the first page, followed by the statement of accomplishments and achievements, the list of accomplishments and achievements, and the approval form from the candidate in case of a nomination by others. The number of pages should be written in the upper right corner of the application documents.
• Submit 12 copies of the documents to the JSCC office by the deadline.
• Download the recommendation letter or the application form from the website of JSCC. If the download is difficult, request them to the office. Forms other than those prescribed by JSCC are acceptable if the format of the forms is nearly the same.
3. Notes on preparing submission documents
(1) Please use a word processor as much as possible. If using a word processor, please print about 40 characters x 40 lines and use 10-12 point type.
(2) List of accomplishments and achievements: Describe separately the items (articles, reports, review articles, commentary articles, books, history of activities in JSCC, etc.) As for peer-reviewed papers, you may list in press papers while not those that have been submitted but not accepted yet.
4. Review period
The review will be conducted from the middle April through the end of June. In addition to the document review, interviews with candidates may be held between the middle May and the end of June. The exact date, time, and location of the interview will be designated by the Review Committee after meetings with related parties. Note that JSCC will not bear any travel expenses for the interview required by the candidate or nominator.
5. Deadline for submission, sending and contact addresses
Deadline for submission: 31st March (Fri.), 2023 (must arrive at JSCC office)
Sending and contact addresses: Office of the Japan Society of Coordination Chemistry, Institute for Molecular Science, 5-1 Higashiyama, Myodaiji-cho, Okazaki, Aichi 444-8787, Japan
E-mail: sakutai(at)ims.ac.jp Please replace (at) to @ for sending an e-mail.
* Please write “Application documents for JSCC Distinguished Service Award” in red on the envelope.