JSCC Contribution Award 2023
Japan Society of Coordination Chemistry (JSCC) invites candidates for the 16th JSCC Contribution Award in 2023. This award is presented to researchers who are recognized to provide outstanding contribution to the development of coordination chemistry and related fields. The implementation and selection of this award will be proceeded based on the Rules and additional rules for JSCC Contribution Award, and the Rules for Election of Review Committee Members of JSCC Awards. The winner will be awarded at the 73rd Conference of JSCC (21st – 23rd September, 2023, Mito City Civic Center, Ibaraki, Japan). The rules can be found on the website of JSCC. Applications for this award should be submitted by self-recommendation or recommendation by other JSCC members. The application guidelines are as follows. The documents for the application must reach the JSCC office no later than 31st March (Fri.), 2023. We are looking forward to receiving many applications.
Application guideline for JSCC Contribution Award 2023
Applicants for this award do not necessarily need to be a member of JSCC. But if they win this award, they must be a member of JSCC at the time of the award lecture. You cannot apply for this award in combination with other awards from JSCC.
2. Documents to be submitted
(1) Self-nomination: Application form (pdf / word)
Nomination by others: Recommendation letter (pdf / word), approval form the candidate (free format: the candidate’s name should be signed by the candidate).
(2) Statement of achievements (free format): Summarize your achievements on about 5 pages of A4 size sheets, including figures and tables.
(3) List of achievements (free format): Prepare a list of main papers, reports, review articles, commentary articles, books, etc.
• The application form or recommendation letter should be the first page, followed by the statement of achievements, the list of achievements, and the approval form from the candidate in case of a nomination by others. The number of pages should be written in the upper right corner of the application documents.
• Submit 12 copies of the documents to the JSCC office by the deadline.
• Download the recommendation letter or the application form from the website of JSCC. If the download is difficult, request them to the office. Forms other than those prescribed by JSCC are acceptable if the format of the forms is nearly the same.
3. Notes on preparing submission documents
(1) Please use a word processor as much as possible. If using a word processor, please print about 40 characters × 40 lines and use 10-12 point type.
(2) List of achievements: Describe separately the items (articles, reports, review articles, commentary articles, books, etc.) As for peer-reviewed papers, you may list in press papers while not those that have been submitted but not accepted yet.
4. Review period
The review will be conducted from the middle April through the end of June. In addition to the document review, interviews with candidates may be held between the middle May and the end of June. The exact date, time, and location of the interview will be designated by the Review Committee after meetings with related parties. Note that JSCC will not bear any travel expenses for the interview required by the candidate.
5. Requirements for the awardee
The awardee will be required to submit an abstract for the award lecture that is published in the abstract book of the 73rd Conference of JSCC, and to give the award lecture at the conference. In addition, the awardee will be required to contribute an “Award Account” on the awarded research to the Bulletin of the Japan Society of Coordination Chemistry (BJSCC), which is scheduled to be published in FY 2024.
The “Award Account” published in BJSCC will appear on a website of J-Stage.
7. Deadline for submission, sending and contact addresses
Deadline for submission: 31st March (Fri.), 2023 (must arrive at JSCC office)
Sending and contact addresses: Office of the Japan Society of Coordination Chemistry, Institute for Molecular Science, 5-1 Higashiyama, Myodaiji-cho, Okazaki, Aichi 444-8787, Japan
E-mail: sakutai(at)ims.ac.jp Please replace (at) to @ for sending an e-mail.
* Please write “Application documents for JSCC Contribution Award” in red on the envelope.