JSCC Research Encouragement Award 2022
Japan Society of Coordination Chemistry (JSCC) invites candidates for JSCC Research Encouragement Award in 2022. This award will be awarded to young researchers (38 years old or younger as of 1st April, 2022) in JSCC who are recognized to provide outstanding achievements and contribute to the development of coordination chemistry. The implementation and selection of this award will be proceeded based on the Rules and the additional rules for JSCC Research Encouragement Award. The winner will be awarded at The 72nd Conference of JSCC (26th – 28th September, 2022, Kyushu University). The rules can be found on the website of JSCC. Application for this award must be self-recommended by a member of JSCC, and the application guidelines are as follows. The documents for the application must arrive at the JSCC office no later than 3rd June (Fri.), 2022. We are looking forward to receiving many applications.
Applicants for this award must have been a member of JSCC for at least 1 year, aged 38 or under, as of 1st April, 2022. This award must be applied as a self-nomination. It is not possible to apply for this award in duplicate with JSCC Award or JSCC Award for Creative Research.
2. Documents to be submitted
(1) Reason for Application (within 500 words) (The application must be clearly determined for Section 1 in the Rules of this award)
(2) Curriculum Vitae (free format)
(3) List of achievements (free format): Prepare a list of main papers, reports, review articles, commentary articles, books, etc.
(4) Copies of up to 5 main papers
The Reason for Application form should be the first page, followed by Curriculum Vitae, List of achievements and copies of main papers. Submit 11 copies of the documents to the JSCC office by the deadline.
3. Notes on preparing documents to be submitted
(1) Use text editing software as much as possible. In the case of using the software, about 40 characters × 40 lines with a font size of 10-12 points is recommended.
(2) List of achievements: Describe separately the items (articles, reports, review articles, commentary articles, books, etc.) As for peer-reviewed papers, you may list in press papers while not those that have been submitted but not accepted yet.
4. Review period
The review will be conducted from the middle of June to the middle of July.
5. Requirements for the awardee
The awardee will be required to submit an abstract for the award lecture to be published in the abstracts of The 72nd Conference of JSCC, and give the award lecture at the conference. In addition, the awardee will be required to contribute an “Award Account” on the awarded research to the Bulletin of the Japan Society of Coordination Chemistry (BJSCC), which is scheduled to be published in FY 2023.
6. Deadline for submission, sending and contact addresses
Deadline for submission: 3rd June (Fri.), 2022 (must be arrived at JSCC office)
Sending and contact addresses: Office of the Japanese Society for Coordination Chemistry, Institute for Molecular Science, 5-1 Higashiyama, Myoidaiji-cho, Okazaki, Aichi 444-8787, Japan
E-mail: sakutai(at)ims.ac.jp Please replace (at) to @ for sending an e-mail.
*Write with red color “Application documents for JSCC Research Encouragement Award” on the envelope.